Burning Permits

Fire Pit Fire

Are you planning on doing some burning?  If so, there are certain fire regulations that must be met before you can burn.  For example, you may have to get authorization from the B.C. Ministry of Forests or your local municipality depending on the size of the burn.

Important Phone Numbers to Contact:

B.C. Ministry of Forests Authorization Line 1-888-797-1717

Watch Lake – North Green Lake Volunteer Fire Dept. (250) 395-9082

Ventilation Index Line (Monday-Friday) 1-800-663-7867

Backyard Burning Tips:

Guide to Backyard and Industrial Burning

Guide to Stoves and Campfires